At Elite Facials in Los Angeles, CA, we offer a variety of rosacea treatment options via any one of our spa facials or other skin treatments— leaving your skin bright and glowing.
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a skin ailment that produces flushing and visible blood vessels in the face. Small, pus-filled lumps may also appear. These signs and symptoms may appear for weeks or months and eventually disappear. Rosacea can be confused with acne, other skin conditions, or natural ruddiness.
- Blushing or flushing of the face: Rosacea can cause chronic blushing or flushing in the center of your face.
- Veins that are visible: The blood vessels in your nose and cheeks rupture and become apparent (spider veins).
- Bumps and swelling: Many people who have rosacea get acne-like blemishes on their faces. These pimples may include pus.
- Burning sensation: The affected area’s skin may feel hot and painful.
- Issues with the eyes: Many people who have rosacea have dry, itchy, swollen eyes and eyelids. This is referred to as ocular rosacea. In some cases, the eye symptoms come before the skin signs.
- Enlarged nose: Rosacea can cause the skin on the nose to thicken over time, giving the nose a bulbous appearance (rhinophyma). This is more common in men than in women.